Welcome to The GS26 Report

Sit back & enjoy

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Welcome to The GS26 Report


My first attempt at Blogging... How's it going so far??

Ok maybe it's a little early for judgement. This Blog will be a spot for Sports, Current Events, Entertainment & just about anything you want it to be....

First off, I'm a Yankee Fan... Deal with it! Congratulations is in order for Mr. Alex Rodriguez, who became the youngest ever to hit 500 homeruns. He came in at 32 years & 8 days, beating out Jimmie Foxx, a/k/a "Double X", by 330 days or so. If you've never heard of Jimmie Foxx, a fixture at First for the Connie Mack driven Philadelphia Athletics, then do some research, he was a heck of a ballplayer he also played with the Red Sox, where he hit his 500th dinger. If you ever saw "A League of Their Own" the Tom Hanks Character, Jimmie Dugan was supposedly based on Foxx

So as I was saying.... The Yankees have been playing decent ball as of late, the bats have certainly come alive. Pitching still is and should be a concern. Kyle Farnsworth, an imposing figure on the mound can't get into a groove, he'll tell you it's from lack of use. Whatever the reason, he ain't doing the job. The kid Phil Hughes is back on the mound & thank goodness for that, it's always nice to get an injection of youth, as evidenced by Roger Clemens who is closer to joining AARP than to his youth....

I am happy with Brian Cashman's job with the team, he has restored confidence in the farm system, and to some degree has done restocking as well. Of course if he had traded 3 Slugs & a Rock & got Eric Gagne & Mark Texiera then I'd vote him in as Govenor.

A quick side note... I may say this one stinks, or that one can't hit, maybe even that guy shouldn't be in the Majors... But the truth is I peaked in Baseball in 1971, it was in the Orange Little League, I played and Starred I might add, with Orange Quality Foods, & was picked to start the All Star Game as the Minor League "B" starting Pitcher against the Minor League "A" team, rest assured, I know I have never been, nor every be at any of these guys level. I wasn't even as good as the first guy cut in Rookie League, but I do have an opinion and since this is my blog, you have to read it...

Thx for entertaining yourselves here... and check back for more rantings of a lunatic

Signing off for now....


GS26

No comments: